The HF R400 even has a few fun features like the Baby Mode which is the recommended mode if a baby is the main star of your video. 1.3),CA-110 Compact AC Power Adapter & Charger,IFC-300PC Interface Cable,Manual and Warranty Card Canon VIXIA HF … COVID-19. Surprisingly, the Canon HF R400 is pretty good in what it does thanks to a combination of Canon’s proprietary software and hardware technologies. If it weren't for the noise and auto-focus issues at very low light, I'd give the HF R400 a five-star rating. The non-professional camcorder market is dying out as non-pros all use their cell phones or still cameras for video. Simply open the panel and the power is on. Reviewed in the United States on August 31, 2014. There are only … It does have a mic input if you wanted to hook up a microphone. 32X optical zoom, wi-fi file transfer, external microphone jack and manual controls if you want to go that way, and a touchscreen -- so you can touch to select what to focus on. For $299, you would probably expect a cheap plastic exterior but instead, you get the same sophisticated design as the pricier HF R40 and HF R42 models. It is nice that Canon is bringing more useful features like 60p mode from the company’s pricier predecessors. No way could I afford one of the big cameras so I rolled the dice with something small after having success with someone else's small camera. The audio picks up fairly well. Do you have a spare 32 GB SD card? Its price is far less than that of an iPhone, Android or tablet, leaving the door wide open to get the amazing videos and photos we’ve come to expect from our phones. Shop By Price. Canon VIXIA HF R400 HD 53x Zoom Camcorder, Reviewed in the United States on January 7, 2014. Canon Vixia HF R800 Review with samples show the video quality of this camcorder. The built-in Wi-Fi is a great feature to have in the Canon HF R50 and it makes the $299 VIXIA HF R500 less attractive since the Wi-Fi functionality allows your Android or iOS-powered smartphone or tablet … Doing so will also reveal some concealed connection ports like HDMI and common buttons like the power and playback buttons. This model also has Canon… The Canon VIXIA models highlights the importance of having different configurations of a particular model to suit a wide audience. Use the camcorder outdoors during daylight and it is pretty hard to find fault with the overall video quality if you are just an ordinary user. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. A capacitive touchscreen is more … Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Bear in mind, I used this for film making, if you aren't looking for a camera for that, this may not be the review you should read. You can use it with iMovie so for those of you that like making videos or just editing your videos, this will be great. Mic is maybe a bit weak as could probably be expected. I've often been surprised at the clarity of the … Having a model that solely depends on a memory card means that you get to decide how much storage space you really want. This is why I bought the Canon VIXIA. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. The VIXIA HF R400 gives you the highest quality recording, whether you're capturing AVCHD or MP4 files. I already had 2 digital cameras, a point and shoot and then my expensive DSLR for distance shots, but I wanted to capture the moments in video and sound too. Constructed in a solid but overall basic fashion that feels nice to hold, the Canon VIXIA HF R500 is quite user-friendly, having few controls on the body itself. You might be able to find a fast 64 GB SDXC card for just above $60 and exceed the storage capabilities of the pricier HF R42. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Excellent no-frills HD video camera for the price, Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2014. You won’t have to settle down with a lengthy user’s guide just to operate this compact camcorder. … If that isn’t enough, the Canon HF R400 packs quite a punch when it comes to zoom. I've often been surprised at the … The VIXIA HF R400 has a bright, beautifully clear 3.0-inch capacitive Touch Panel LCD that makes operation feel familiar right away. This is a nice thing because the glossy charcoal look makes the camcorder look pretty valuable and the adjustable handstrap is very comfortable for long periods of use. When making larger purchases I always tend to do my research and read other reviews which is why I always try to do reviews so that I can help others make informed decisions. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com/Amazon.ca/Amazon.co.uk, Factors to Consider When Choosing a 3D Camcorder, Choosing The Right Tripod For Your Camcorder, Setting The Right White Balance is Key To Great Videos, Genuine Canon HD Video Lens with 53x Advanced Zoom, SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization with Improved Dynamic Image Stabilization, 1080/60p recording in MP4 (35 Mbps) and AVCHD Progressive (28 Mbps) for high quality capture of moving subjects, Baby Mode selects the optimal camcorder settings for capturing your baby’s daily growth with ease, Effective Pixel Count for Video : 2,070,000, Max Recording Time w/ Included Battery : 100min, Effective Pixel Count for Stills : 2,070,000. This mode has special optimizations so the scene looks great and the baby videos are stored in a special location called “Baby Album”. Smart-Review Commentary: Canon’s HF R800 is Canon’s lowest cost HD camcorder, yet is packed with a lot of features. View full Canon Vixia HF R400 specs on CNET. Those two additional mic and headphone ports are indispensable, especially in those crowded areas. With the arrival of high definition television sets, I found the digital video camera recorder that I had been using for making DVDs did not display the video quality hd sets are capable of displaying. I bought it used and shoot sports and news for a major news station freelance style. Weight; Canon HF R700 is 240g whereas Canon VIXIA HF R800is 235g Dimensions; each camcorder has dimensions of 53 x 58 x 116 mm Available colour; both camcorders have Black and White. This review is based on the Vixia HF M41. The controls are easy to use and very intuitively designed. Canon only has 3 models in its current consumer lineup, down from a dozen a few years ago. It isnt the high end SLR, but it can compete with any of those. The Canon HF R500 is the most basic VIXIA camcorder of the current series but it has the same capacitive touch display as the other new entry-level models. I made a video review on You Tube just for posting here on Amazon. The Canon 3.28-megapixel CMOS image sensor is very much a basic specification but when combined with the DIGIC DV 4 image processor featured in many pricier camcorders, the end result is pretty interesting because noise levels look managed and low light comes out a bit better than other basic devices like smartphones. The VIXIA HF R400 features a new 3.0-inch Capacitive Touch Panel LCD screen, making shooting and other operations easier than ever. Holiday Gift Guide 2020. This page works best with JavaScript. Thats easily fixed by adding a shotgun mic. There's a problem loading this menu right now. It's an amazing trooper for the price, with excellent controls (once you learn to navigate - which … Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on April 2, 2013, Reviewed in the United States on March 24, 2014. Throw in the Baby mode, and you’ve got an ideal family camera for precious memories and hobby projects. To do better than this, you'd be spending $1,000+ on pro equipment. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. The picture quality is great except in low light, but I already knew this before I … Especially in good light, my work is comparable to the big cameras. This camera fits in a bag and sets up easily to the added equipment I bought to use with it. The head phone and microphone jacks make this such an amazing piece of equipment. But you should also be aware of the Canon HF R400 which may make a few compromises but it still stands as an even cheaper camcorder priced at $299. It has the same capacitive panel so operating things like the menu isn’t as tricky as it needs to be. Update: There is a newer model > Panasonic HF-R800, Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved • Privacy Policy • Contact • HD Camcorder News • Sitemap, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. One trick to address as many of your needs as possible without spending so much is to look at the entire company’s catalog of camcorders rather than choosing from a couple of models in a gadget store. But remember, you can an add a 64 GB SDXC card to models with embedded flash memory as well so other entry-level VIXIA models should still be considered if you need to record many hours of high-quality 1080p video. That is all the basic controls in a nutshell and it gives the Canon HF R400 the advantage of being an inexpensive camera that is easy to use as it looks. You can even use the touchscreen to your advantage by doing basic acts like touching a subject to focus there. My experience with the movie option available with the Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS had shown the flash memory card performed well. Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2017. It is nice that Canon is bringing more useful features like 60p mode from the company’s pricier predecessors. Make no mistake, you can still do a lot more with the HF R400 than with any smartphone that may also be capable of shooting 1080p video. The viewing screen rotates so you can turn it whichever direction you need in order to see what you are recording. The SX50 can only acquire 1080 24 fps or 720 30 fps videos--nor does it have a microphone input; with these limitations I regretted selling my original Vixia, but didn't have the money to buy an expensive prosumer video camera--so I did some research and decided to buy this one. A 3.0-inch touchscreen is a common feature amongst various compact camcorders. Pretty pleased with my camera. With no place to store any videos you record, you have to insert an SD card before you operate the camcorder. The improved … Touchscreen; the two camcorders have touchscreens. The 32x (53x Advanced Zoom) optical zoom is considerably greater than a lot of compact point-and-shoot models and smartphones are nowhere even close. But the the quality of the video you can from the VIXIA HF R400 blows any what you can get with any pocket camera or cell phone -- and is actually superior in many regards to what you can capture with a high-end DSLR (since DSLR video always suffer from "rolling shutter" if there is a lot of motion). Its is nice and compact and not heavy. In fact, usability is one of the main focuses with the Canon VIXIA HF R400 because people that would be most willing to get an inexpensive camcorder in the first place are those that are curious with video recording or simply want to perform basic video recording tasks without all the complexities. The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder is equipped with a 3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor to capture your memories in true 1920 x 1080 resolution. Display size; both Canon HF R700 and Canon VIXIA HF R800are 3 inches. The built in mic is amazingly good, sometimes too good, it picks up a lot of background noise ina crowded room. As far as overall design is concerned, the R72 is the best camcorder that we tested. a no-brainer if you want to shoot video and aren't made of money! It isn't wi-fi capable, but that wasn't a huge deal to me since it is so easy to transfer your videos to your computer. It also had a built in video light, a flash unit and a dedicated physical shutter button for taking still images. For just $200 you'll get a camcorder with the features and quality you'd have paid $500+ just two years ago. The overall output may not even matter for those that are not into full HD video recording modes. The HF R600 works a well in every respect as the HF R400, so I'm happy with the camera. So it’s great for sports games and music recitals. Canon VIXIA HF R400 HD 53x Advanced Zoom Camcorder (Discontinued by... Canon VIXIA HF R400 HD 53x Advanced Zoom Camcorder (Discontinued by Manufacturer). Need something spacious? Much of the HF R800’s right side holds the specialized internal components that account for the quality results delivered by the unit. I am very happy with this camera and my family has been able to make and capture many memories that we can watch for years to come! I generally set the camera to automatic and it works just like I want. But the overall quality of the display compared to other VIXIA models wasn’t sacrificed in the Canon HF R400 either. Now about the Canon - VIXIA HF R400. I owned a first generation HD Vixia camcorder in the past and I sold it because it was very slow to initialize recording, play back images and videos, and displayed a noticeable shutter lag while taking stills. Great working condition,touch screen hd video oem battery, charger, 32 gb memory card. Granted, its exterior appears a little uninspired and its glossy black finish is … Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. This site is a partner in the Amazon US, CA and Europe S.à r.l. Given this experience I started looking for a camcorder that used the flash memory card.

canon vixia hf r400 review

Numb Notes Guitar, Cool Down Lyrics And Chords, Tonight West Side Story Chords, Case Study Analysis Methodology, Arduino Push Button Calculator, Roominate Net Worth 2020,